Our current Modern Foreign Language taught is French.
It is our intent at St George’s Primary School to provide our children with a high-quality languages education which develops their love of learning the French language, whilst also equipping them with the skills and confidence to apply it which supports our school vision of educating for ‘life in all its fullness’. Our children will progressively acquire, use and apply a growing bank of vocabulary, organised around common questions and answers as well as topics.
The MFL taught at St Georges will enable our children to:
- Understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of sources including songs and native French speakers.
- Speak with increasing confidence and fluency and communicate what they want to say with continually improving pronunciation and intonation.
- Write at varying length, for different purposes and audiences, using a variety of grammatical structures.
- Develop an awareness of cultural similarities and differences and appreciate the enjoyment and expanded horizons that language learning can bring.
- Build on skills progressively whilst ensuring planned repetition embeds the most important skills.