At St George’s CE Primary School our history education will be fully inclusive to every child.
Our aims are
- to fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum for history and our vision of ‘life in all its fullness’;
- to provide a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum;
- to ensure the progressive development of historical concepts, knowledge and skills through planned repetition;
- for the children to develop a love of history.
We aim to inspire a curiosity and fascination with history that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Our quality history education will help pupils gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and the wider world; changes in living memory and beyond; learn about the lives of significant people; understand the methods of historical enquiry and be able to ask and answer questions.
We want to inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about history, not just through experiences in the classroom, but also with the use of fieldwork and educational visits and visitors.
- Year 1 History Long Term Plan
- Year 2 History Long Term Plan
- Year 3 History Long Term Plan
- Year 4 History Long Term Plan
- Year 5 History Long Term Plan
- Year 6 History Long Term Plan