Children can order a lunch option via ParentMail, or bring in their own packed lunch if they wish.
Parents must pre-order meals on ParentMail at least 7 days in advance.
If your child chooses to bring in their own packed lunch, please send it in a suitable container with no items that MAY CONTAIN NUTS as we are a nut-free school. Children will also need to bring in their own drink. No glass bottles or fizzy drinks please.
School meals are provided by Bishop Perowne. Their menu operates on a three weekly rolling cycle offering a daily choice of a hot main or vegetarian meal, jacket potato or a baguette with various fillings.
All meal options cost £2.30 per day.
If you have not already registered for ParentMail you can do so by downloading the App in your App store, or by following the registration link you received via email or SMS when your child started at St George's CE Primary School.
Free School Meal Entitlement
All children attending school in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, are entitled to a universal free school meal, regardless of income or eligibility for benefits.
Since the introduction of the universal free school meals for KS1, we have noticed that the number of families applying for free school meals has fallen, this has a negative impact on school funding. This money could be spent on further educational resources; providing additional educational support; subsidising trips and visits etc.
Please complete the appropriate form if you are eligible for free school meals, to ensure the school receives the correct income to support your child’s learning.
In order to be eligible for free school meals a Parent/Carer must meet one of the following:
- Universal Credit provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax
In order to register your child you can visit http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20062/schools/684/applying_for_free_school_meals and follow the instructions.
If you are entitled please make sure you claim.